Strona główna Fakty żywieniowe Jak się żywić? Przepisy Historia diety Forum  

Forum dyskusyjne serwisu www.DobraDieta.pl  FAQ    Szukaj    Użytkownicy    Czat      Statystyki  
  · Zaloguj Rejestracja · Profil · Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości · Grupy  

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Mormoni też chorują- artykuł angielski
Autor Wiadomość
sylwiazłodzi 
AutismLowCarbDiet

Pomogła: 13 razy
Wysłany: Wto Gru 07, 2010 23:39   Mormoni też chorują- artykuł angielski

Mormoni często wśród dyskusji autystycznych byli podawani za nację, która nie szczepi dzieci , nie ma tam autyzmu lub jest prawie nieznany. Czy więc nie chorują w ogól? Nie czytałam na ten temat aż do dzisiaj. Okazuje się, że jednak tak a na dodatek naukowcy twierdzą,że to sprawa genetyczna no bo jak inaczej wytłumaczyć fakt,że 10 dzieci z jednej rodziny choruje? A może dietą? Jedzeniem kupowanym coraz częściej w sklepach czy choćby pizzy na mieście czy przekąsek w szkole.

tu jest angielski artykuł, który ja wrzuciłam sobie z linka do google tłumacza.

http://www.mormontimes.co...en-restrictions

No grain, no pain: many Mormons cope with gluten restrictions

Believe it or not, there are kids who don't get excited about pizza parties, toddlers who can't be consoled with Cheerios and girls who don't get excited about dates to romantic Italian restaurants.

There are also Mormons who don't have wheat in their food storage.

For a rising number of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, celiac disease can define food-related church experiences more so than the stereotypical Jell-O.

Celiac disease is a digestive disease that damages the small intestine and doesn't allow absorption of nutrients into the body. Those with this disease are not able to ingest gluten, which is a protein in wheat, barley and rye.

When someone with celiac disease eats something containing gluten, their immune system responds by destroying villi — tiny finger-like protrusions lining the small intestine. Without villi, a person becomes malnourished, no matter how much they eat.

Young single adults in the church thrive on linger-longers, potlucks, Sunday evening dinner, family home evening refreshments and dinner dates. But when Elizabeth English, 26, of the Hidden Valley Stake in Draper, was diagnosed with celiac disease in October 2009, she found it made dating and socializing tricky.

"My date would ask me where I wanted to eat and I would just say, 'you pick the place and I'll find something I can eat there,'" English said. "I didn't want to make it complicated by giving him a long list of foods I couldn't eat."

On one particular occasion, English told her date that she had celiac disease and outlined what she was prohibited to eat.

"All he had to say to me was, "Wow, you are making this hard, aren't you? What am I supposed to do with you?' It was embarrassing."

Celiac disease is genetic. So for many, it becomes a family matter.

Julie Crosgrove and all 10 of her children have celiac disease. Every Sunday, she rises early to make gluten-free bread so her family can partake of the sacrament in the Franklin 1st Ward in Idaho.

Crosgrove used to make the bread on Saturday, but gluten-free bread goes stale very fast. Other children would make fun of her children, saying, "Why would you eat that?"

"The kids started feeling left out a lot," Crosgrove said. "It's frustrating to have a pizza party reward for scripture reading or doughnuts for refreshments that you can't eat."

Last summer, Crosgrove's oldest daughter participated in a pioneer trek. Her "Ma" researched the disease and took over the entire menu. She made sure that every single item on the menu was gluten-free.

Girls camp, Scout camp, trek, youth conference and ward parties are a few of the activities that members with celiac disease may dread when they are first diagnosed.

"You really go through a grief because you cannot eat what you used to and you feel like you can't participate in activities (centered around food)," said Julie Curtis, from the Hunter 16th Ward in Salt Lake City.

Curtis and Crosgrove have learned that there just needs to be a combined effort to make activities bearable for their children.

"I find out who is in charge of the activity or the menu and figure out what we can do together to make it work," Curtis said.

"I'll try and volunteer for a main dish or bring gluten-free brownies."

One in 133 people have celiac disease in the United States. There are 5,974,041 members of the church in the U.S. That would translate to roughly 44,917 members who may have gluten allergies.

"We aren't (going to church) to get a brownie," Curtis said. "When it comes to these activities it's all about cooperating, knowing ahead of time and planning."
Autyzm dieta niskowęglwodanowa - Autism Low Carb Diet

Odpowiedz do tematu